Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Christmas in July



This Christmas present wasn't done in time. Wasn't even done in time for birthday giving. But now, now that it's July, it's done. And, depending on the air, there may still be summer evenings when a wool sweater would be desireable. Though not this week. At any rate, it's sure to have a rough and tumble autumn.
This is my first attempt at an adult sweater. And I didn't pick the ideal pattern. This is the "High-Top Hoodie" from Son of Stitch n Bitch. The book itself focuses a bit more on being cool and hip than it does on being knitty and thorough, which was kind of irritating. This pattern, though sporty, had some quirks that a veteran sweater knitter might have handled better. (My comments and notes are on Ravelry.) Still, in all its not-perfect glory, he likes it! and it fits! Which is really the point.



Merry Christmas, Darling!

5 comments:

  1. Dude. That looks coolie-yo-yo. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa!!! that's fabulous! getting it to fit is everything, so you've scored a major victory there. I like the color combo, and the stripes down the arms. and I know what you mean about pattern sloppiness--grrr. this looks so great, Beez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm thrilled that he likes it and that I accomplished it. Trying to finish up the sleeves on sweater #2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first gift to Jim was a purchased sweater of those same colors. I thought it was beautiful and he did not like the color...and so goes the marriage. Jane

    Checking blogs while recovering from sinus surgery!

    ReplyDelete